Working Holiday in New Zealand
Are you here on a Working Holiday Visa? If yes, Avondale Motor Park is a great starting point to set things up right after you arrive to New Zealand. Our tent and campervan sites cost $20 per person, and give you free access to all the facilities (toilets, showers, kitchen, BBQ area).
Step by step starter guide
What do you need to do to start working in New Zealand?
- Get proof of address form: if you are staying with us, you get one for free.
- Go to the bank to open your bank account. You will need the proof of address, and your passport. The nearest banks are ANZ (25 min walk), ASB (26 min walk), Kiwibank (35 min), WestPac (38 min walk).
- Fill out your IRD form - we can provide you a copy.
- Get a proof of functioning bank account - either a bank statement or print out showing your name, bank account
number and at least one deposit and one withdrawal of differing amounts OR a letter from the bank.
More info ...
- Take all these to the post office to apply for the IRD number. You will also need your passport, and your overseas tax number. If you put your email address or mobile number on the form, you will receive a message with your IRD number, so you don't need to pick up the mail. The process can take up to 2 weeks.